The Weiss Gallery

Northern European Portraiture, 1500 - 1750

description

The Weiss Gallery was founded in 1985 and has become the leading dealer in Tudor, Stuart and North European Old Master portraiture.

Originally based in Albemarle Street, the gallery relocated to a larger premises at 59 Jermyn Street, in the heart of the prestigious St James’s district, in 2003.

Over the past four decades, the gallery has made many notable sales, which now grace distinguished private and public painting collections around the world, including the National Portrait Galleries in London and Edinburgh, the Cleveland Museum of Art and the Seattle Art Museum in the USA, and the National Gallery of Victoria in Australia.

In the Netherlands alone, we have placed paintings into the permanent collections of the Museum Catharijneconvent, Utrecht; Het Dordrechts Museum; the Bonnefantenmuseum in Maastricht; Museum Prinsenhof Delft; and Musea Brugge.

Visitors are able to engage with us in-person at the gallery and online through our website and social media profiles.

To keep updated with gallery news, please subscribe to our mailing list by visiting www.weissgallery.com/mailing-list and by following us on Instagram: @weissgallery

0